Technical Sales Representative (Malvern – United Kingdom)
BetaTec® is an application arm of the BarthHaas Group, the oldest and largest hop company in the world. Drawing on over 200 years of hop experience, BetaTec® focuses on applying hop compounds to new applications that extend beyond the traditional brewing base. Speed, flexibility, and technical competence has made BetaTec® Hop Products the world leader in the 'beyond brewing' applications of hop products. They offer global customers' application development, technical support, and consulting services. The goal is to ensure our customer's product, and production efficiency is the best it can be. BetaTec® offers customized solutions in a wide spectrum of industries and applications. We are constantly discovering new uses for these naturally derived hop compounds.
About the Role
You will be part of a small, but specialized team with a core focus on EMEIAA sales in the industrial arm of our business. Focusing primarily on the sugar and yeast sectors initially. Your main responsibility will be to drive and develop the sales into a broad portfolio of customers and markets. You will be working directly with the Business Manager in developing new customers and maintaining existing business.
The role will involve about 20-30% international travel. You will be required to present and sell the advantages of our natural hop products around the world. You will work closely with our marketing and logistics teams globally, as well as the other sales managers within the team and company. Tasks associated with this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Collaborate with Business Area managers to assist in the sales of BetaTec products in the defined markets, both directly to customers and via the network of distributors.
- Support the BetaTec Sales Administration Team to ensure all customers receive exemplary management of their accounts.
- Ensure BetaTec CRM (Salesforce) is utilized fully to actively manage the customers, contacts, and opportunities for business growth.
- Initiate and consult at customer trials with customers alongside the BetaTec technical teams. You will assist in the successful implementation of the new customer requirements by utilizing excellent project management skills and Company IT packages.
- Work directly with customers and our distributor network to ensure complete knowledge of current BetaTec products and their utilization.
- Attend relevant tradeshows, technical sales meetings, and internal Innovation Summits to present the current category business situation.
- Support additional BetaTec categories as assigned by Sales and Business Development Manager, such as flavours and new upcoming areas.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have knowledge and experience of an industrial setting, preferably from a sugar or yeast background. You should demonstrate your experience of working within a small team and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You also need to be able to plan and control your own schedule and including all travel arrangements.
Degree or equivalent in Science/Engineering or related.
1yr + Commercial and or Technical Experience (Fermentation, Yeast or Sugar)
Some commercial skills – Presentation, Negotiation, and Closing Skills.
Ability to accept and work with ‘change’ internally and externally as market demands shift.
Full driver's license and Passport.
Fluency in an additional European language (French or Spanish preferable) beneficial but not essential.
To apply please contact:
Dawn Gillespie - Dawn.Gillespie@barthhaas.co.uk