Position Title: N.A. Ethanol Division / Technical Sales Manager, Midwest
Location: (Remote Home Office) must be located inside of sales territory.
Territory: Includes Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, E. Iowa, S. Wisconsin
About the Company:
BetaTec Hop Products has been the application arm of the Barth-Haas Group over 20 years with a focus on new applications for Hops extending beyond the traditional brewery base. BetaTec products are used in a wide range of production industries from Spirits, Biofuel, Sugar, Yeast, Ingredients, to Bee Health. BetaTec has locations in North America and Europe.
About the Position:
Target Midwest fuel ethanol producers, with a primary responsibility to maintain current customers and grow new business. The Technical Sales Manager will sell and service fermentation aides used in ethanol production, including our flagship product(s) Hops Acids.
Experience: At least 3 years of technical or sales background in the BioFuels (Ethanol), Chemical or Feed/Ingredient industry.
Education: Bachelor Degree from accredited college/university in Physical Science (Microbiology, Chemistry) preferred. Business Degree considered with relevant experience.
Overnight territory travel average is 4 days per week. Travel to UK offices once per year.
*Must hold a valid and clear driver license & passport
- Work in a technical sales cycle to include onsite product ethanol plant trials (longer selling cycle)
- Work with a lab and manufacturing environment
- Familiar with applicable regulatory agencies (FDA, OSHA, TTB, AAFCO)
- Work with CRM to manage business – SalesForce preferred
- Increase individual territory sales & profits, while achieving overall team goals
- Travel on weekly basis to visit accounts/manage own travel arrangements
- Create and implement a technical sales strategy to increase new business
- Work with a team to exceed annual revenue budget goals
- Travel to Europe annually for global meeting
- Negotiating contracts with prospective customers
- Implement pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Understanding and promoting company programs
- Assist with preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders
- Attend industry trade shows (~4 annually)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from R&D to Marketing
- Technology Savvy – Office 365, Social Media platforms, Mobile Apps, Project tools, etc…
- Convert prospects to customers in a highly competitive market
- Sell value-added services, company value & brand over price
- Prepare monthly reports, budget reviews, sales proposal quotes, trial protocols
- Present sales data in front of peers and management using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Utilize project management tools
- Create sales, budget and technical reports on monthly basis
- Create own territory management plan
This appointment is being handled by Engage Partners. If you are interested in learning more about the position or would like to submit your resume, please contact Mike Leblang.
Senior Account Executive