Hops-Derived Fermentation Aids for Ethanol Production
VitaHop®C, VitaHop®S and VitaHop®B are derived from natural acids found in hops. They will effectively control gram-positive bacteria in fermentation during ethanol production.
- Eliminate the use of antibiotics.
- Control lactic and acetic acid formation.
- Add value to co-products with antibiotic-free DDGs.
- Protect your equipment from harsh chemicals.
- Potentially increase ethanol yields.
- Derived from the natural growing hop plant.
- Thermally stable.
- pH tolerant.
- Easy to handle and store.
- Food grade, Kosher, Halal, GRAS, safe to handle.
- Cost effective
- “Invisible” to yeast, with no negative effect on yeast activity or vitality
Liquid Yeast Nutrient for Ethanol Production
VitaHop® Silver Liquid is a yeast nutrient with complete fermentation activation. VitaHop® Silver mitigates common problems that inhibit fermentation in ethanol production.
Key advantages of VitaHop® Silver:
- Multiple addition points- beginning of propagation fill or midway during fermentation.
- Enhance fermentation and increases alcohol yield.
- Deficient yeast membrane permeability.
- Presence of inhibitors, such as alcohol, C8-C12 fatty acid inhibitors.
- Significant temperature changes.
- Liquid solution easily dispersible and ready for automation.
- Thiamine and ammonium salts support yeast growth and metabolism.
- Improves yeast alcohol tolerance.
- Improves yeast membrane permeability.
- Maximizes yeast viability at the end of fermentation.
How It Works
VitaHop®C, VitaHop®S and VitaHop®B inhibit bacteria’s glucose intake, without affecting yeast activity
These natural acids are absorbed by the bacteria cell and lower its pH. This inhibits the cell’s ability to transfer glucose through the cell wall. In essence, bacteria commonly found in ethanol production are starved to death. They cannot eat, multiply and therefore they die. Our hop products kill bacteria, but have no effect on yeast activity. In fact, without competition from bacteria, yeast do their job more effectively and alcohol yield benefits!