Hops-Derived Antibacterials for Ethanol Production
IsoStab®, LactoStab®, BetaStab® and LupuStab® are derived from natural acids found in hops. They will effectively control gram-positive bacteria in fermentation during ethanol production.
Key advantages of Isostab®, LactoStab®, BetaStab® and LupuStab®:
- Eliminate the use of antibiotics.
- Control lactic and acetic acid formation.
- Add value to co-products with antibiotic-free DDGs.
- Protect your equipment from harsh chemicals.
- Potentially increase ethanol yields.
- Derived from the natural growing hop plant.
- Thermally stable.
- pH tolerant.
- Easy to handle and store.
- Food grade, Kosher, Halal, GRAS, safe to handle.
- Cost effective
- “Invisible” to yeast, with no negative effect on yeast activity or vitality
How It Works
IsoStab®, LactoStab®, BetaStab® and LupuStab® inhibit bacteria’s glucose intake, without affecting yeast activity
BetaTec extracts naturally occurring acids from the hops flower to produce IsoStab®, LactoStab®, BetaStab® and LupuStab®. These natural acids are absorbed by the bacteria cell and lower its pH. This inhibits the cell’s ability to transfer glucose through the cell wall. In essence, bacteria commonly found in ethanol production are starved to death. They can’t eat. They can’t multiply. And they die. All without the use of antibiotics. IsoStab®, LactoStab®, BetaStab® and LupuStab® kill bacteria, but have no effect on yeast activity. In fact, without competition from bacteria, yeast do their job more effectively and alcohol yield benefits!
How It’s Made
We grow the hops
We harvest the hops
We dry the hops
We pelletize the hops
We extract the hop acids through supercritical CO2 extraction
We isolate the IsoStab® and LactoStab® from the hop acids
IsoStab®, LactoStab®, and other useful products are ready to go
For more information on our antibacterial products for the bio-ethanol industry in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Oceania, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.